Monday, August 4, 2014

I Can Statements - Math

They're finally here! The I Can statements for math are designed exactly like the ELA statements, except with a herringbone pattern instead of polka dots. The math standards contain far fewer actual standards and most are closely linked. Working on these statements really drove home the idea that Common Core is designed to replace our "mile wide, inch deep" curriculum with something that really lets students dig deep into the important understandings.

I also plan to make a set of I Can statements for the Standards for Mathematical Practice. I think want to design them to be displayed all at once, though, so I need to tinker with the format.

In the meantime, grab these during the Back to School sale! Use code BTS14.



No comments:

Post a Comment